Sunday, April 11, 2010

Wicked Awesome!

This past weekend we went up to Northwest Ohio to visit family and go see the musical Wicked. As always, we had a great time and Kai got to see both sets of grandparents as well as some other friends and family members.

We left on Friday at a little before 1, which is Kai's nap time. It took a while for him to fall asleep but eventually he dad and woke up right before our first stop at the Lesnet homestead in Edon, Ohio. While we were there Kai not only got to see grandpa and grandma Lesnet, but got to see his great uncle Gary and a whole bunch of baby lambs.

Here is Kai feeding a lamb out of the bottle. Sure bet you didn't know that lambs drink Dr. Pepper!
Feeding lambs sure is fun!
Here's me (Chad) bottle feeding a lamb when I Kai's age. I know that you can't tell from the picture, but I believe that lambs drank Mountain Dew when I was a kid.
Real men (Lesnet men anyway) drive red tractors. Here's Kai getting his first alone time on one. Maybe grandpa or daddy can take him for a better ride this summer.
Until Kai gets a little older, he will have to settle for driving this red tractor around.
Kai with Grandma Lesnet.
Here is Kai with his great uncle Kris and great aunt Bev. They hung out with Kai while the rest of us went to see Wicked.
Here's Kai showing grandpa and grandma Eridon the cool fort that he and great aunt Bev made. I think that they used 5 chairs and several blankets. It may have been the best chair and blanket fort that I have ever seen!
We had a great weekend and we really enjoyed the time with family. The Wicked musical was fantastic and the story line for it was pretty smooth (although it became beyond predictable once I saw Nessarose's socks about 2/3 of the way through). I would highly recommend that everyone goes and sees it performed by an extremely talented professional company as it could be awful if performed by a lesser group than the one that we saw.

We had an action packed weekend but we still made it home in time to catch the entire Sunday coverage of The Masters.

Do not spread false reports. Do not help a wicked man by being a malicious witness. - Exodus 23:1

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I really enjoyed Wicked when I saw it, too! Some day I'll read the book it's based on. Maybe. :) Glad to hear you had a good time.