Friday, July 27, 2012

A Post From the Road

Greetings from the home of Elvis! I am writing this blog post from beautiful (and hot) Memphis, Tennessee.  You probably already knew that Elvis was from Memphis and you have heard of Beale Street, but you probably didn't know that Memphis is also the home of FedEx, The Pink Palace, and Irish Diving Goats.


It has been a week since our last post and some things have happened since then.  I know that you can't wait to get all caught up so without further delay, here's the news.

Last week the boys went back to daycare and day #1 was a bit of an unknown, we really didn't know how they would do but we figured that Eli would be a mess and Kai would be super excited to see his friends because Kai was pretty excited about going back to school before that Monday.  We were a little off with our assumptions.  Eli cried for about 30 seconds and then was playing and getting reacquainted with his friends.  Kai was super clingy to me, he didn't cry but he wasn't happy to be back to school.  As I was leaving the playground where I dropped Kai off, he was standing by himself with his fingers in his mouth (his go-to position when he's uncomfortable).  A couple of boys approached him and asked him to play Avengers.  Kai said no, then looked over at me with the saddest brown eyes ever...ugh!  As I drove away from the parking lot, I looked at the playground and Kai hadn't moved, he was standing there all by himself in the middle of the playground with his hands in his mouth..sad daddy.

The rest of the week was filled with a lot of shorter days for the boys at daycare.  Kai went to school late on Tuesday because of swim lessons and both boys left early from school for Kai's karate class.  Wednesday was a pretty full day for them.  On Thursday I picked them up a little early and we went to Forest Park to play for a while.  We played until a huge thunderstorm came and chased us away from the park.  In a drought filled year, we haven't been chased indoors many times and the boys really liked experiencing the big rain, lightning, and thunder from the comfort of our car.

Here are some pictures of the boys enjoying their time at the park.



This weekend was my dad's "cousin camp" family reunion.  Dad has a bunch of 1st cousins and they are all really good friends so they get together every year at Uncle Gary's farm in Montpelier, Ohio.  Since we were going to make the trek to Northwest Ohio, we also went to see Stephanie's folks in Bowling Green.

On Saturday night, Grandpa Eridon, Kai, and I went up to 5/3 stadium in Toledo to watch the future Tigers (Mudhens) play the future Pirates (Indianapolis Indians) in a doubleheader.  We only made one game, which the home team won, but we had a great time.

Here is Kai with Muddy, the Mudhens boy mascot.  The Hens also have a girl mascot, here name is Muddonna...


Bright and early Monday morning it was off to Memphis for work for a few days and that is where I am writing this blog post.  Memphis is an interesting place, downtown mostly closes down by 6 and the only area that's open is Beale Street. I will be down here a few more times so maybe I'll discover more of the area and find some stuff to do while I'm here.

Here is a shot of Beale Street at dusk. 


I can't wait to get home, I miss my family.

My husband is not at home; he has gone on a long journey. - Proverbs 7:19

No comments: