Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Holidays!

We have been reminded by a few of our loyal readers that we did not update the blog last Sunday. I'm sure that many of you were concerned that Kai and daddy didn't make it until mom got home and have been anxiously awaiting the next blog update to make sure that everything is still okay. Well, we are happy to report that we are all just fine and we are ecstatic that the holidays are here!

We had a great Thanksgiving and we stayed away from the stores on Black Friday!

We left Thanksgiving morning for North West Ohio. Our first stop was Montpelier for the Briner Family Thanksgiving celebration. I'm not exactly sure what the final official count was, but I believe that it was around 45 people.

Kai loved eating some new foods with grandma and grandpa Lesnet!


Kai had a good time playing with his cousins! Here he is with his second cousins; Elaine, April, and Kelly.

Stephanie and I had our first overnight date since Kai has been born on Friday night. We went up to Detroit to catch a Red Wings game and try to catch up on some sleep. Grandma and grandpa Eridon watched Kai while we were away. I have been a Wings fan since I was 8 or so and I had not been to Joe Louis Arena before. I have such an amazing wife who likes to do things like this with me! Don't we look like super fans in our jerseys?

On Saturday evening, we met up with Stephanie's extended family and ate some "no more turkey". Kai had a good time playing with his cousins and especially enjoyed exploring Uncle Jack and Aunt Pat's house which is all decorated for Christmas!

Doesn't this look like it could be grandpa and grandma Eridon's Christmas card this year?
After hanging out with the extended family on Saturday evening, we drove home. We pulled in to our driveway at about 11:30.
Kai had a rough night and Stephanie was up with him quite a bit throughout the night. I tagged in from time to time but we are both pretty tired after a pretty restless night.
Today we put up the Christmas tree and have started doing some decorating for Christmas. Kai helped daddy put the lights on the tree!
These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go with the multitude, leading the procession to the house of God, with shouts of joy and thanksgiving among the festive throng. - Psalm 42:4

No comments: