Sunday, October 19, 2008

Insert Clever Title Here

This year is going by so quickly! As of this very moment there is 73 days, 4 hours, 39 minutes and a few seconds until 2009. That doesn't hardly seem possible. Where has 2008 gone?

Kai has had a pretty big week as he took his first steps! He is up to about 4 or 5 and then he falls down and crawls at warp speed to whatever he was going to try to walk to. He is such a quick crawler that I'm not sure if he will pick up any speed at all when he starts to walk. Maybe that will keep him on all 4's for a while longer (we can only hope anyway, he is growing so quickly).

Kai also started climbing all the way up the stairs this week. Last week he could go up a few but then he would get tired or try to turn around and go back down. He has tunnel vision on the stairs now and gets up there lickedy-split.

Here is a picture of Kai with a jacket from his Auntie Jessica in Japan. It is very soft and it has teddy bear ears on the hood. How cool is that? You have to wonder why they don't put teddy bear ears on adult jackets. I'm pretty sure that I would buy one...maybe I'll just sew some ears on Stephanie and my hoodies.
Although we had a great week, it wasn't all roses and candy. Here is Kai and I when mommy left to go to a baby shower. Please don't go mommy!!
While mom was away, Kai gets away with making much bigger messes. Here is Kai playing with his food and cracking up. He sure likes his blueberries!
Kai turned 9 months this week. Like each prior month, we took his picture with his stuffed monkey growth chart. I included 2 pictures this month because I think that these are both good pictures to show his growth and development. In the first picture, Kai is stiff-arming his monkey like he has seen watching football with daddy.
In this picture, he is palming his monkey's head like a basketball. This kid is already an All-Star!!
Also this week, Grandpa Lesnet celebrated his 60th birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!!

On Friday, I took a day trip down to Houston to play golf in the Continental Airlines Scholarship Golf Outing. My original team was stacked and we were going down there to win...instead, we had a lot of new developments at work and I played with the replacements. I was escalated from D-player to A/B player. Needless to say, we didn't win!

I am certainly glad that my month of teaching Sunday School is drawing near an end. This week's topic was "Why Does God Let Bad Things Happen?". Ugh! So, I have now had to teach the kids about the origin of God, where God is, and how a loving God lets bad things happen! Next week is "Is there Anything that God Can't Do?". Sounds easier...let's hope it is!

If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand. I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. Psalm 37:23-25

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the Blueberry Pic! Wowsa on the sunday school topics. Those sound good for kids of all ages:)
-Kim C