Sunday, October 26, 2008

Road Trip!!

Like most weeks, this past week flew by faster than expected!

Stephanie got a little baptism by fire at work at the beginning of the week as she nearly worked until midnight on Monday night and then she was back in to the office by 5:30 in the morning on Tuesday. They had a deadline that the needed to make and from my understanding, they got their reports in with 0 seconds to spare!

The Indiana Lesnet's had a big and very awesome day on Thursday. First off, I got to play 18 wonderful holes at Brickyard Crossing. The Brickyard is an amazing Pete Dye course that has 4 holes inside of the track at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway! I have played there a few times in the past, a couple of times in scrambles. Last year I was way over 100 playing my own ball, on Thursday I shot a 95. I would like to thank Ron at the AOG Group for springing for a great round of golf on a beautiful fall day!

Also on Thursday, a bunch of us went in and bought a very sweet triplet stroller, which is pictured below (or at least a stock photo of the same stroller). You can see that it has some pretty sweet features like stadium seating, a hand brake, seating for 3, adjustable handle bars for different height parents. It also comes with a bracket that you can attach to a hitch on your car so that you can transport it without taking up all of the room in your van or SUV (because if you have 3 babies at once, you gotta have a van or SUV). All of these sweet features and the stroller only weighs about 30 or 40 pounds! Our friends were so happy to receive this and our group of friends were so happy that we could get this for them! Needless to say, our Thursday rocked!
On Friday, we had dinner with an anonymous family in the neighborhood. They have a little boy who is a couple of weeks older than Kai, whom we will affectionately refer to on this blog as "Master P". Stephanie made an incredible Mexican bake that was delicious (and very easy to make) for all of us, then we played in their basement in their super pimped out playroom. The boys had a blast! Hopefully Kai will have many more play dates with Master P! On Saturday (10/25), we all went down to Cincinnati to see Stephanie's Uncle Jim who is in town from Washington state to visit his family. It is always fun to introduce Kai to a new family member! Kai really liked great uncle Jim and uncle Jim loved playing with his newest nephew!
After we spent some time with Uncle Jim and his parents, we went up to see Stephanie's forever friend Erica and her family. We had a great time catching up with the Konya's and Kai had an even better time playing with their 2 older kids. The Konya's have a baby girl that is a little bigger than Kai but she is only 6 months old and is not mobile like Kai is so he lost interest in her pretty quickly! As an added bonus, we were able to see Erica's parents as well! Here are some pictures of our time with them.

This was my last week for teaching Sunday School at church for a while and I must say that I'm glad that I have a week off. Today's lesson was about "what can't God do?". The simple answer is that God cannot sin...whew!
In closing I just want to let you all know how excited that I am about next weekend. Friday is Haloween, which will be great! Also on Friday, my best man John is flying in to go to the Michigan versus Purdue game on Saturday! Also attending will be my old roommates Trevor and Matt, along with my boy James and best of all MY DAD! Hopefully I will remember to take my camera along for lots of good pictures of the tailgate with my very best friends.
God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? I have received a command to bless; he has blessed, and I cannot change it. Numbers 23:19-20

2 comments:

serenetempest said...

Look! I see hair! Not just stubble. He's actually starting to get some real hair!

Unknown said...

You guys are really great at keeping this updated, I need some lessons! Glad you see you guys are doing well even though Stephanie had a rough week at work. Kai is such a cutie!