Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's the Great Pumpkin!

Since our last update on Wednesday, we have been pretty busy. Stephanie and I have still been working on getting our quarterly numbers out at work. Stephanie is currently in the middle of a 3 day weekend because she gets a "bank holiday" on Monday...it's Columbus Day.


This weekend we took Kai to get some formal 9 month pictures taken. We did some pictures in a collared shirt and cords, some diaper pics, and then some pictures in his Halloween costume. We will be taking his picture with his stuffed monkey later this week, a little closer to his actual 9 month birthday. Here are a few of the pictures from his photo shoot!


After our photo shoot on Saturday, we went to Stoney Creek Farms to their Fall Festival. We had a great time there. Kai rode a pony, we took a hayride to the pumpkin patch, checked out the farm animals (Kai really liked the calf and the bunnies), and watched the bigger kids play games and launch small pumpkins with a giant slingshot!




Kai also cut his 4th tooth this week. He has not enjoyed cutting teeth very much and this last one has really been messing with his naps. It is sure a blessing that he likes Tylenol so much!

This week for Sunday School, I got to teach the 5th and 6th graders about the Omnipresence of God. Not nearly as heavy as last week, where we talked about where God came from. The kids really don't seem to struggle with the truths about the enormousness of God...I suppose us adults just make it a lot harder than it should be by trying to understand it.

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. - Psalm 139:7-12

No comments: