Friday, March 7, 2008

Diaper Shenanigans

It seems that every parent spends a lot of time talking about diapers and their child's bathroom habits. For newborns it is the #'s of wet and dirty diapers, for toddlers it is how incredibly smelly they are now that they are eating solid food, later it is potty training that dominates parental dialog. I've always tuned out these conversations, but it seems to come up in nearly every discussion that you have with other parents.

I promise that I will try to keep this blog clean and stay away from "toilet humor", but I am now a parent so I have to at least have one potty discussion on my blog.


Now, you have to understand, I am the resident expert on all things little boy since I was one 30 years ago. Because of my expertise (at least that's what I tell Stephanie), I have yet to be pee'd on. Last night, that all changed in dramatic fashion.


While we were putting Kai through his nightly bedtime routine, Stephanie handed Kai off to me to change his wet diaper. When I took the diaper off, he started to go #2. No worries, I was prepared for that. I then switched out the old diaper for a new one and before I could get the new one under him, he started peeing, then pooing, then peeing again, followed up by a little more poo. It was amazing, I don't think he did it on purpose but it started to seem that way as every time I started to work at getting a clean diaper on this boy, he started going #1 or #2 again! Hmmm, now that I read this, it doesn't sound nearly as funny as it was. Maybe it was one of those things where you just had to be there to appreciate it.

Kai says "Boiler Up!"


No comments: