Monday, March 31, 2008

Springfield Stephanie & Opening Day



Stephanie has now been Simpsonized as well. I think that you will agree, she is one good lookin' Springfield resident.

In other news, I am terrible at picking teams for the NCAA tournament. Stephanie won our home pool and whipped me good! Not sure what she wins for that, but hopefully it won't involve a lot of housework for me! Of course, who (besides the experts this year) would ever pick all 4 #1 seads to make it to the Final Four? I know that it has never happened before and I remember from stat class in college that the odds of all 4 #1 seeds making the tourney was far worse than a #16 seed taking out a mighty #1. Now that it has happened, does that change the probability?

On another note, today was opening day for Major League Baseball. My Tigers decided to loose to the Kansas City today. Yeah, the team with the best off-season this year decides to lose their home opener to the Royals in extra innings! At least new comer Miguel Cabrera took one Loooonnnnng Gone, as Hall of Fame Announcer Ernie Harwell would say! I'm predicting a big year for my beloved Tigers, they should win the AL Central, the AL Pennant, and this year they will be World Champs! Stephanie and her family like the Indians.


Stephanie and I are trying to make it to all 30 Major League Baseball parks together. We have done pretty well so far. So far we have been to 13 (Detroit, Chicago Cubs, Seattle, LA, Anaheim, Oakland, San Francisco, Arizona, Saint Louis, NY Yankees, NY Mets, Boston, Cincinatti). I have been to Minnestoa, Denver, Atlanta and the Chicago Sox without Stephanie and she has been to Cleveland and Atlanta on without me. Stadiums only get crossed off the list if we've been there together and we have decided that we do not have to go to new stadiums if we had been to their predacessor.


Happy Opening Day! Go Tigers!!


1 comment:

Phillips said...

I must be a genius I picked all for #1's in my work poll :0)