Monday, June 25, 2012

Finally A 5-Day "Work" Week!

After three weeks of doing this daddy thing part without "working" a full week, the fourth week was the moment of truth and I am glad to report that everyone survived the week pretty well and we are looking forward to full-week #2 of The Daddy Experiment.

Although we are just three boys playing all day long every day, we still have to eat.  I like to let the boys make me breakfast and on Monday they made me some yummy pancakes. 




Of course, it's late June so it is hot outside.  No better way to cool off then with a trip to the pool.  Kai is afraid of the big pool so we just splash around at the baby pool.  We are starting individual swim lessons next week so hopefully we can move in to the big pool soon.  Daddy would like to cool down a bit too.


Of course, we rode the rickshaw to the park a few times.  Here we are at Cool Creek Park in Westfield.  They have some awesome trails back in the woods where its nice and cool.  There is also some swings along the way so that tired boys can stop for a short rest.

My Aunt Bee and my Grandma Lesnet used to always tell me that "you have to be watched" while we played board games.  Well, I turned my head away from Eli for about 30 seconds and he had climbed in to the bath tub in our Master bath and turned on the water.  I guess Eli gets his "have to be watched-ness" from me.

Kai started Taekwondo this week up with ATA in Noblesville.  Mr. Saldivar made the class super fun and Kai really warmed up to it.  Kai is a pretty quiet dude (unless he's at home with the family) and I think learning to kick a little tail will bring him out of his shell a bit.  At the end of class they did some practical self defense stuff and Mr. Saldivar had the kids to an eye swipe to get away from a "bad guy" with their "tiger claw".  Kai and the other kids loved it and Eli has been giving the tiger claw swipe while yelling "swipe" since the class...awesome!

On Friday, our neighborhood had their annual 4th of July parade.  A parade isn't a parade without a fire truck and we don't do things half way in our neighborhood so all the kids with their decorated bikes, wagons, powerwheels, and scooters followed the fire truck down the street to the neighborhood park.

Here is Kai and mom in the parade.  Kai's bike was well decorated and he liked it but also couldn't wait to get all of the streamers off of his bike and off of his helmet.

Although the parade was mostly an early celebration of the upcoming Independence Day holiday, I took it as a celebration of us boys surviving our first full week of The Daddy Experiment.

This weekend was pretty awesome too as I had a track meet on Saturday morning, then a quiet Saturday afternoon and evening with the family.  Sunday was pretty fun too as we played some mini golf and spent some time in the arcade in the morning followed by some celebrations at the new Carmel campus of Genesis Church.  In the late evening, Kai and I went to Pebble Brook Golf Course and played a few holes before bedtime.


A new "work" week starts in a few hours so its time for me to sign off and get to bed.  We have another action packed week ahead of us and I'm going to need my rest to keep up with these crazy boys.

[ God’s Promise to David ] After the king was settled in his palace and the LORD had given him rest from all his enemies around him, - 2 Samuel 7:1

No comments: